Introducing the new ORCA
Beginning in Spring 2022, the new myORCA mobile app and website will make paying for transit rides in the Puget Sound region faster and easier.
Later in 2022, we’re adding more retail locations where you can buy and reload ORCA cards and launching a new card design.
The best way
to get around
the Puget Sound
ORCA is how the Puget Sound gets around. From buses, trains and ferries, you can use the ORCA card to pay fares and transfer seamlessly. In Spring 2022, we're updating the ORCA experience and adding new features customers have asked for. Stay connected with us to learn more about improvements including a new website and mobile app, real-time fare loading, more retail locations and a new card design.
What you need to know
How is ORCA changing?
We’re upgrading ORCA. That means a better payment experience and more choices for managing your account.
Soon you can add fare value in real-time, manage your account from anywhere with the new myORCA App or website and find more retail locations closer to you. As we upgrade the system, lookout for new ORCA card readers and vending machines across the region.
With the new and improved ORCA system, you have the flexibility to keep using the card you have. If you use ORCA at retail stores, you will need a new, re-designed card later in 2022.
When is this happening?
Beginning in Spring 2022, you can connect your ORCA Card to the new myORCA app or manage your account at myORCA.com.
Later in 2022, we are adding more retail locations and launching a new, re-designed card that works at all stores where ORCA cards are sold.
What do I need to do?
If you already have an ORCA card, keep using it. In Spring 2022, connect your card and set up your account on myORCA.com or via the myORCA app.
If you use ORCA at retail stores, be prepared for changes to how you buy and reload your card.
If you share an ORCA card with someone, get ready to use the new system by making sure each rider has their own card. Group fares for school trips and caregivers will still be available.
If you are a business and have an account or are interested in getting one,
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) here.
Use ORCA on all participating transit agencies
Some exclusions apply on special trips and Washington State Ferries.
We’re building a better ORCA for our customers
- Manage your account with the new app and website
- Buy passes and add value in real-time
- New vending machines and ORCA card readers
- Find more retail locations closer to you
For businesses, we’re making it easier to manage your transit benefits program
- Manage your program with our new, improved website
- Purchase multiple passes and products at once
- Submit bulk orders for new and existing employees
- Set up autoloads for recurring purchases
ORCA is for everyone!
- Income qualified riders can save up to 66% with ORCA LIFT
- Connect your Youth, Senior or Disabled card to the ORCA app
- Transit benefit programs are available for businesses
- We’re adding additional retail locations and more vending machines for your convenience